Mrs Janice Reilly teaches in the department.
History helps us to understand people and societies. History helps us to understand change and how the society we live in came to be.
Your study of History will help you to -
- Acquire useful critical research skils
- Be able to think for yourself and make your own decisions
- Be able to make judgements based on evidence
- Have the ability to put together an argument and identify the weaknesses in someone else's
- Be able to analyse, process and present a lot of information very clearly
- Be able to vote and participate in your local community
The Department follows the Northern Ireland Curriculum and provides courses at both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
|Year 9||Rivalry and Conflict
The Voyages of Exploration and Discovery
|Year 10||Union to Partition
The Battle of the Somme
At Key Stage 4 two courses are available:
- The CCEA GCSE History course OR
- The CCEA Entry Level History course
The GCSE COURSE
will give you the opportunity to study:
Britain, Ireland and Northern Ireland 1932-1949
The Cold War
A Controlled task based on 'The Assassination of John F Kennedy'
THE ENTRY LEVEL COURSE
covers similar C20th topics as the GCSE but requires less extended writing and has 14 class-based assessments in place of a terminal examination.
Depression, War and recovery
A Unit involving numeracy tasks and individual research task.