At Fleming Fulton School, all pupils have the opportunity to study Technology & Design which provides them with opportunities to;
- Be creative and develop their problem solving skills in response to design problems in their everyday life.
- Appreciate their own achievements and those of others through research, investigation and evaluation.
- Learn how to work with others and maintain a safe working environment.
- Investigate the design and manufacture of products and explore how technology contributes to society.
Key Stage 3
The department follows guidance from the Northern Ireland Curriculum for Key Stage 3 and pupils will complete a number of design and make challenges in each year. Pupils will use a range of diverse resistant materials and manufacturing processes as they complete these tasks.
The subject teacher is supported by a qualified and experienced technician who actively supports pupils learning, development and safety.
The following is a sample of the range of design challenges presented to Key Stage 3;
Yr 8 - Junkbots, Note Holders, Enamelling, Bee Hotels, Acrylic Key Rings
Yr9 - Night Lights, Key Racks, Pull-a-long Ducks
Yr10 - Portable MP3 Speakers, Propeller Driven Moon Buggies, Remote Control Vehicles
Key Stages 4 & 5
Pupils in Key Stage 4 & 5 are presented with oppportunities to complete a range of courses including;
- Resistant Materials Technology (GSCE) - OCR or WJEC
- Design & Technology - Resistant Materials (Entry Level) - OCR
- Creative Crafts (Level 1 & 2 Award or Level 3 Certificate) - CCEA
- Working in the Creative Crafts Industry (Level 1 & Level 2 Certificate) - CCEA