Welcome to the Fleming Fulton School Mathematics Department.
The vision of the mathematics department is to provide all of our pupils with the mathematical skills necessary for everyday life and to install in them an enthusiasm and enjoyment for maths. Pupils are also given opportunities to develop skills in Problem Solving, ICT and Working with Others.
We aim to do this by providing a motivating, safe and happy learning environment so that all pupils can work to achieve their full potential.
Key Stage 3
Pupils in years 8, 9 and 10 follow the Revised Curriculum.
- Pupils cover areas of Number, Algebra, Shape and Space and Data Handling.
- Students are assessed in the cross curricular skill of Using Mathematics.
Key Stage 4
At Key Stage 4 pupils are given the opportunity to study CCEA GCSE Mathematics which is a two tier modular course consisting of calculator and non calculator papers.
For those pupils not studying GCSES Mathematics they are given the opportunity to complete a qualification in either of the following:
- CCEA Entry Level Mathematics
- Functional Skills in Mathematics
- OCR Life and Living SKills in Mathematics
- Essential Skills in Mathematics
The department has ensured that plenty of support material is available to students through the maths wiki – http://wiki.flemingfulton.org.uk/maths:start